Glo-Sticks & Glow-Jewelry cause Misery for Pets

Have a good Christmas? Great! The carousing and cavorting has only begun. With New Years Eve right around the corner everybody who’s anybody is certain to accessorize with glo-sticks and glow-in-the-dark jewelry. Lots of laughs for us but for an inquisitive pet the experience can quickly turn from exhilarating to excruciating.

Biting through the chewy plastic casing releases the vile tasting luminescent dibutyl phthalate. Your furry friend’s festive frolicking will plummet at warp speed as he drools, foams, and shakes his head.  Swallowing even a small amount will cause retching and vomiting. Cats have been known to dash around and hiss before hiding out under the furniture.

The misery will pass but you can speed the process by offering milk or a tasty meal like tuna. I also advise bathing the poor kid. Self-grooming to remove the offending chemical would cause a repeat of the whole miserable event.